Barros skyldig till kontraktsbrott. Får böta 2,6 miljoner $.

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=115661

The Paris Court of Arbitration has found Alex Barros guilty of breaching a contract with Altadis - owners of the Gauloises and Fortuna tobacco brands - when he left the Gauloises backed Tech 3 Yamaha team to join Repsol Honda.

Barros signed a two-year deal with Altadis for the 2003 and 2004 seasons, but a disastrous 2003 on the YZR-M1 - in which he claimed just one podium finish - and the offer of a Valentino Rossi's recently vacated world championship winning Repsol Honda ride, prompted the Brazilian to jump ship to Honda for the 2004 season.

Altadis then sued Barros 'not only to protect its own interests but also for the good of the sport itself' and, having now been found guilty, the current Camel Honda rider must pay Altadis the hefty sum of $2.9million USD plus costs.

The decision issued by the Arbitral Court is 'definitive and without any possibility of appeal' and is summarised as follows:

"1. Mr Barros to pay to Altadis the amount of USD 2,900,000, plus interest at the rate of 3.85% on the amount so awarded from November 2003 until payment.

"2. Orders that Mr Barros bear 70% of the costs of this arbitration fixed at USD 150,000.

"3. Orders that Mr Barros pay to Altadis the amount of USD 180,000 as contribution to Claimant's costs and expenses incurred for this arbitration.

"4. Declares the present Award immediately enforceable."

Barros, who left Repsol Honda at the end of a winless 2004 season, finished third in his 250th GP at Donington Park on Sunday.

jP

Fuckyousnabb
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
KTM1290, Daytona 675, Yamma, etc..
Goodstuff skrev:
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=115661

The Paris Court of Arbitration has found Alex Barros guilty of breaching a contract with Altadis - owners of the Gauloises and Fortuna tobacco brands - when he left the Gauloises backed Tech 3 Yamaha team to join Repsol Honda.

Barros signed a two-year deal with Altadis for the 2003 and 2004 seasons, but a disastrous 2003 on the YZR-M1 - in which he claimed just one podium finish - and the offer of a Valentino Rossi's recently vacated world championship winning Repsol Honda ride, prompted the Brazilian to jump ship to Honda for the 2004 season.

Altadis then sued Barros 'not only to protect its own interests but also for the good of the sport itself' and, having now been found guilty, the current Camel Honda rider must pay Altadis the hefty sum of $2.9million USD plus costs.

The decision issued by the Arbitral Court is 'definitive and without any possibility of appeal' and is summarised as follows:

"1. Mr Barros to pay to Altadis the amount of USD 2,900,000, plus interest at the rate of 3.85% on the amount so awarded from November 2003 until payment.

"2. Orders that Mr Barros bear 70% of the costs of this arbitration fixed at USD 150,000.

"3. Orders that Mr Barros pay to Altadis the amount of USD 180,000 as contribution to Claimant's costs and expenses incurred for this arbitration.

"4. Declares the present Award immediately enforceable."

Barros, who left Repsol Honda at the end of a winless 2004 season, finished third in his 250th GP at Donington Park on Sunday.

Vad har toppförarna i MotoGP för årsinkomst från teamen, sponsor och reklampengar undantaget? I F1 är det där nästan kaffepengar.

Mögel

Hillbilly
Gick med
11 Jun 2005
Hoj
1x Yamaha, 3x Honda, och en Kina
jP skrev:
Vad har toppförarna i MotoGP för årsinkomst från teamen, sponsor och reklampengar undantaget? I F1 är det där nästan kaffepengar.

Rossi får väl lite över 200 miljoner om året har jag hört.. Men han e ju kung oxå :)

Macho Woman

Äppelkäck
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Förvuxen 80-talsmoped
Klart det inte är något han bara betalar utan att det gör någon skillnad i hans liv. Det borde ju vara en hel årsinkomst i alla fall.

Pålle

Nä, jag bara tittar lite.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Leksaker i garaget
Macho Woman skrev:
Klart det inte är något han bara betalar utan att det gör någon skillnad i hans liv. Det borde ju vara en hel årsinkomst i alla fall.

De visste nog vad som skulle komma så jag tror snarare att Repsol Honda pröjsar det och inte Barros...

/oscar

sweborn

Ny medlem
Gick med
6 Apr 2004
Hoj
Fido/Bulle
Han kanske fick inskrivet i kontraktet med Honda att de står för eventuella fioler om det blir förlust i denna instans.

Nyheter
Triumph storsatsar inom Enduro

Motorsportlegenden och fler...

BMW CE 02 x VAGABUND

BMW Motorrad har presentera...

Bike kör Stark Varg på GGN 2.0!

I veckan blev det klart att...

Transportstyrelsen siktar på höjda avgifter

Transportstyrelsen har medd...

Insektsfaunan hårt drabbad efter nedläggningen av Järva MK:s motorbana

Efter nedläggningen av Järv...

Ny R1 Race och R1 GYTR

Pressrelease från Yamaha ...

Paul Edmondson ny chef för Triumph Racing Enduro Team

Motorsportlegenden och fler...

Miguel Oliveira klar för Yamaha

Miguel Oliveira och Lin Jar...

Suzuki utvecklar döda-vinkeln-kamerasystem

En ny patentansökan har avs...

BMW köper Suzuki-data – nästa steg MotoGP?

Sedan en tid har olika rykt...