5. Vermeulen 1.41,619
6. Stoner 1.41,702
7. Capirex 1.42,244
8. Melandri 1.42,469
9. Nakano 1.42,528
10. Barros 1.43,182

sandstream

xyx skrev:
2634943 Hur kommer det sig att Barros ligger så långt bak?
Han kanske inte är bättre än så i dagsläget.
Ducati i kombination med Bridgestone verkar inte vara den ultimata kombinationen för den här testen så här långt.

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
Som vanligt får man allt förklarat för sig på www.motogpnews.com :D

History - it matters not as it's gone. It's like looking at the road behind you to see where you've been instead of looking forward to see what you're about to crash into. Still we at MGPN like to educate our readers so with that in mind we're giving you all the facts you'll ever need to know about King Arthur and his place in history.

So, was this King Arthur geezer real?
For a long time the existence of King Arthur has been a hot topic of debate with historians. These historians should stop arsing around banging on about stuff that doesn't matter and get a real job.
Anyway there are three schools of thought regarding old Arthur boy's existence. The first is that Arthur and his legend, just like an interesting Raikkonen interview, have been completely made up.
The second theory is that Arthur's life was based upon another King's life. This is rubbish though as it begs the question 'well why didn't they just use that King in the story'?
The final theory, and daftest, is that it's all true - even including the fire breathing dragons and enchanted banana.

So where did this rot come from?
King Author and his square heads first piped up in Welsh poem around AD 600. In the Welsh version King A lived at the bottom of valley and had a fleeting love affair with a herd of sheep belonging to a local farmer called Giles. Luckily, because it was written in Welsh, no one could understand it or could be bothered even trying and Arthur's reputation was kept in tact.

What's all this about Excalibur?
Excalibur was King Arthur's magical sword and was alleged to be so sharp that it could cut through anything - even, it's said, the solid bone head of an Australian.
Arthur allegedly pulled the sword from a stone - an act that only a true King could do. This, however, is total rubbish and a story that has been exaggerated over the years.
The truth is that Arthur's third wife, Griselda, was a notoriously bad cook and one day burnt a loaf of bread so badly that her knife became stuck in the carbontastic product when she attempted to slice it. Arthur helped his wife remove the bread knife from the blackened loaf and then, ever the culinary critic, bludgeoned her to death with stone-hard loaf. The story of Arthur removing the knife soon spread throughout the land and was exaggerated until it became the stupid myth we all know today.

But didn't Arthur also get given Excalibur by the Lady of the Lake?
No. Arthur probably made up this story, to avoid a costly divorce, after getting caught cavorting around at night with naked chicks in the local tarn.

Camelot? Was that his Housing Estate?
Indeed it was. Some said that Camelot were where dreams were made - this is due to them owned the local lottery rights.

Axxexs

Ordinary man doing extraordinary things
Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Technical Sports Racing AC28-M Prototype powered by Honda Racing Corporation
Hondas 250cc förare om sina nya 07:eek:r.

Julian Simon, Repsol Honda: 1m 43.986s – 55 laps.

“I am very happy to be in this team with Alberto Puig and the mechanics. The team has much experience in 250cc racing and helped Dani Pedrosa to three world titles. I’m happy with the bike its not so difficult to ride but the lines you have to use are different to the 125cc class I have been racing in. This test is really for me to get used to the 250 the power and handling characteristics, and braking into the corners. I have a good feeling with this bike but I have a lot to learn about machine set up.”

Shuhei Aoyama, Repsol Honda: 1m 44.977s – 68 laps.

“It is very difficult to say much about today. We have been trying to find good base line settings for the machine and while the old bike is better in some ways the new machine has definite improvements and we know it will be much better, this is just the first test.”

Andrea Dovizioso, Humangest Honda: 1m 45.500s – 55 laps.

“I’m happy with a lot of the changes to the chassis it is definitely better, of course some things did not improve but that is normal with a new machine. The engine has improved and will get better so I can say the test today has been positive.”

Bifogat

• 73.JPG
    73.JPG
    119.3 KB · Visningar: 67
Last edited:

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
FAST PROGRESS FOR ROSSI AND EDWARDS WITH NEW 800 IN JEREZ:

Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards completed another promising day of development work on Yamaha's new 800cc motorcycle in Jerez today, despite being forced to sit out the morning session whilst they waited for the track to dry following yesterday's rain. Once they got going after lunch however the riders made the most of the time available, getting through a host of work on the prototype bike and focusing mainly on tyre testing with Michelin and chassis work.

Rossi topped the time sheets for the second day running and put in a best lap of 1'40.688 after 82 laps, the most of any rider today. His time was less than a tenth of a second off the current lap record, which was set by him in 2005. Honda rider Dani Pedrosa was second quickest with a fastest time of 1'40.799 while Edwards was third once again, recording a best time of 1'41.186 after a total of 48 laps. Tomorrow will be the final day of testing for the Camel Yamaha Team before they break for the winter holidays.

VALENTINO ROSSI (1st - 1'40.688, 82 laps)

"I did a lot of laps today, the most of all the riders so it was quite a tough day despite missing the morning! We had to make up for the time we missed yesterday too and everyone worked very hard to get through all the work we had. It was a good day and helpful for us to have time to do so many laps. We continued working with two different chassis, trying to find the best way forward and check the differences between them. We also got time to do some important tyre work with Michelin and it seems they have some good new things which are working well with our bike. I hope that the weather will stay like this tomorrow because we've still got quite a lot we want to do before the end of the test. We'll continue with the work we did today, check and confirm everything and then I hope we can finish for the year feeling positive!"

COLIN EDWARDS (3rd - 1'41.186, 48 Laps)

"We got here this morning and the track was still seriously wet from yesterday so we had to sit around for a while to wait for it to dry out. The afternoon was good though and we spent a large part of it testing front tyres for Michelin, following on from where we got to in Malaysia . We wanted to re-confirm that what we tried in Sepang is the right way to go and it's definitely working well here too so we're going in the right direction. We tried various different fronts and I'm pretty happy with the situation. We didn't try anything special on the rear, just kept a standard test tyre in, but we still put in some good times so that's encouraging. We played about with some new engine mapping and then got some chassis work done at the end of the day. In the end we tried a setting more or less identical to Valentino's, just to compare, and I could ride well with that too. It seems we've both found different settings that are working well so it's just going to be a case of seeing what works best at each track. I'm pretty happy, we're making progress and things are looking good so far."
--------------------------------------

HONDA RACING INFORMATION

MotoGP Test Jerez
Spain November 29, 2006
Day Two Of Three-Day Test

Honda riders shine on sunny day at Jerez test Honda RC212V riders made hay in the sunshine of Jerez, Southern Spain, on day two of the final MotoGP test session of 2006. Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda, was the fastest of the Honda men testing and one of only two riders to crack the 1m 42s
barrier for the 4.423km circuit. Gresini Honda rider Marco Melandri and Shinya Nakano on the Konica Minolta Honda are both testing the new 800cc V-four Honda for the first time and both set very respectable lap time at 1m 42.4s and 1m 44.5s respectively.

Pedrosa a three time world champion in the smaller grand prix categories, two 250cc titles and one at 125cc level, was in sparkling form as he ran through an intensive test programme that saw him evaluate engine, chassis, suspension and tyre performance. The Spanish youngster set a lap time faster than his best at the 2006 grand prix held at the circuit in April of this year a time just two tenths of a second outside the MotoGP lap record.

Gresini Honda rider Melandri put in his first full day of testing on the RC212V. The 24-year old Italian works hard in testing and today was no exception he covered 52 hard laps setting the 800cc Honda to his riding position and style before working on the geometry and suspension in a bid to understand the characteristics of his new mount and to try and get the machine to turn as he wished it to. He ended the day reasonably satisfied with some aspects but he and the team have a lot of work to do to further improve the RCV before the enforced December long break in winter testing.

For Konica Minolta team rider Shinya Nakano everything is new. He is riding Honda for the Italian team for the first time and with an all-new machine at that. If that were not enough Nakano also has the task of riding a MotoGP machine equipped with Michelin tyres after several years campaigning with Bridgestone rubber.

The Japanese rider worked methodically during what was in fact his first day on the machine as he sat out the wet session yesterday, the opening day of the three day test. Working on the riding position before moving onto suspension work Nakano established a reasonable base line setting to work from as he and the team mechanics endeavoured to improve their understanding of the RC212V. Nakano ended the day in positive mood having set times comparable with riders with more 800cc experience.

Honda rider lap times and quotes:

Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda: 1m 40.799s - 67 laps.
"We had a good day's testing and I'm pleased with how things went today. We tried many chassis and suspension adjustments on the bike, finding the combinations that worked best with the Michelin tyres we tested. My lap-times were quite good and I went faster than in the race at the beginning of the season, but you can't read too much into this because November is good time for going fast at Jerez. We're hoping it stays dry for tomorrow so we can continue this progress."

Marco Melandri, Gresini Honda: 1m 42.4s - 52 laps.
"It has been a better day it's really the first day with the new bike after the rain of yesterday. We started working on the geometry of the machine to try and understand the possibilities we have for chassis settings. I'm not so happy yet I have not found a good connection between throttle, engine and rear wheel. Funny because even with less power from the 800cc I still have wheel spin. We tried some things on suspension and of course tested with Bridgestone tyres. In the end I had a good feeling getting the bike to turn better, it was good in the fast corners but we have to work on the bike to get it to turn better in the slow to mid-range speed corners. Tomorrow we will work on improving the suspension set up."

Shinya Nakano, Konica Minolta Honda: 1m 42.463s - 53 laps.
"Not so bad for my first real day of testing on the RC212V. First I had to find a comfortable riding position before we started to work on the bike. Once I had found that we worked on suspension settings and changed the front
forks before working on the rear end. After we found the best machine balance for me I started working on front tyre testing and we found a very positive direction to work in. The engine is powerful but easy to control a much different feeling to any other bike I have raced. I'm happy because I could ride normally without worrying and that's good. Tomorrow we will work on the gearbox to help me understand more about the potential of this bike."

-------------------------

Neutral skrev:
2635797 Det enda som såg ut att passa på min hoj var väl sadelgummit. :D
Det är väl det enda du skulle kunna utnyttja också. :D

sandstream skrev:
2633996 Visste väl att du var ett Ghost Rider fan innerst inne :lol
Aren´t we all? :)

Last edited:

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
Positive day for Rizla Suzuki MotoGP at Jerez:

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP racers John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen continued with their impressive testing schedule, by taking more positive steps forward during day two of the Jerez test in Spain.

After losing most of yesterday to the rain and having to wait for the track to dry out this morning, Hopkins and Vermeulen quickly got down to business and were regularly amongst the fastest riders. Hopkins time of 1'41.205 on his new Rizla Suzuki GSV-R800 was just over half a second off the lap record - held by Valentino Rossi on a 990cc machine.

Hopkins completed 50 laps of the 4.4km Spanish circuit, and Vermeulen circulated 49 times as he recorded a quickest time of 1'41.619. Today's fastest time was set by Rossi.

Both Suzuki riders used today to test new generation Bridgestone tyres and worked with their respective crews on base settings to find the best set-up for their new bikes

Nyheter
Bike kör Stark Varg på GGN 2.0!

I veckan blev det klart att...

Transportstyrelsen siktar på höjda avgifter

Transportstyrelsen har medd...

Insektsfaunan hårt drabbad efter nedläggningen av Järva MK:s motorbana

Efter nedläggningen av Järv...

Ny R1 Race och R1 GYTR

Pressrelease från Yamaha ...

Paul Edmondson ny chef för Triumph Racing Enduro Team

Motorsportlegenden och fler...

Miguel Oliveira klar för Yamaha

Miguel Oliveira och Lin Jar...

Suzuki utvecklar döda-vinkeln-kamerasystem

En ny patentansökan har avs...

BMW köper Suzuki-data – nästa steg MotoGP?

Sedan en tid har olika rykt...

HRC och Repsol avslutar samarbete

Efter 30 års samarbete på d...

MV Agusta utvecklar ny trecylindrig motor

MV Agusta har officiellt be...