MotoGP San Marino 080831

Guztavzzon

Wild Thing
Gick med
16 Jan 2007
Hoj
Cbr 125, NC30
måste säga att det gjorde min helg när fladdermusen vurpa:) det är inte lätt att ha vale flåsande i nacken;) sen att rossis födelsestad köpte en hel läktare och bjöd invånarna säger ju allt, han kan bli både påve och president! Go rossi go

Dioxin

Ny medlem
Gick med
31 Jan 2004
Hoj
Aprilia RSV Factory
Rossi är nog redan det närmaste en gud man kan komma :D

Synd att Stoner vurpade, hade njutit av det ännu mera om Rossi hade kommit ikapp honom "fair and square"...

//Dio

Rafnatyr

Kreativ kroppsmålning, Spola Kröken
Gick med
7 Aug 2006
Hoj
2016, Triumph Explorer 1200
Undrar vad och hur Ducati ska få bort Lip-Stoner mardrömmar om Rossi? :) Tror hövdingen i Ducati teamet samlar ihop sina undersåtar innan allt går precis åt helvete... Ger dom sin version om att det är dags att möta motgångarna som sanna sportmän och börja fuska stenhårt!!!

P.S. Detta läses med ironi, kan inte sluta glädjas åt Stoners hybris ang. Rossi... den sanna glädjen är skadeglädjen har jag hört... :D D.S.

MC Doktorn

Jag börjar tröttna på den där Rossi, det känns orättvist att han jämnt ska vinna. Man borde lasta hans hoj med 10kg extra bly :näsblod

Sture

Ny medlem
Gick med
14 Mar 2007
Hoj
SÅLD!
wow, marco melandri på en en nionde plats! Är det sant att Hayden kör för Ducati nästa år? Och i så fall vart ska Marco köra? Rdp är ju pinsamheten själv, finns det verkligen inte någon som är minst lika bra som honom men som vurpar typ 10 ggr mindre per säsong?

Kent W

Ny medlem
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
NORTON 650SS -68 /Honda CB750 -70/-72/ CB650SC NIGHTHAWK -83/CBR900RR-92 Suzuki GSX-R 750w/1100w-92
Att Stoner har problem med attityd och psyke visade han inte minst på
kvalet när han kom ifatt Marco och körde förbi honom, vänder sig om och
skakar på huvudet.
Känns som om hans ego är hans stötsta konkurrent just nu inte Rossi.

KentW

Neutral

Grand Prix Mechanic
Gick med
4 Jul 2004
Hoj
5x
Jag tror inte heller han var direkt stressad, han hade ändå fått en 3 sekunders lucka på Rossi och var snarare för säker på sig själv.

Macke

Typiskt....
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda CBR1000RR TKR
Lite kommentarer från helgen:

CASEY STONER (Ducati Marlboro Team) DNF
"It is very disappointing for the weekend to end like this after showing such a high level of performance in practice. Basically we took the decision to put one lap on the race tyre in warm-up this morning to get it scrubbed in: we've done it before and not had a problem but today I could feel from the first lap that the grip wasn't right. After a few laps it started to feel better and I was gaining confidence but it let go. It's a real shame but, anyway, we tried hard here and once again I think we've shown we are very fast, we have a great bike and tyres that work fantastically. This gives me confidence for next year and I'm looking forward to it already. As for the injury, it's huge disappointment this problem came out but I'll have to wait until the end of the season for an operation."

MARCO MELANDRI (Ducati Marlboro Team) 9th
"I got a good start but lost a lot of ground in the second corner because Vermuelen almost crashed in front of me and I nearly hit him. But I have to say that the feeling with the bike was good from the first lap. I got past De Angelis but I guess he was keen to get back at me and he tried a pass in a corner where it was too difficult to pass. We touched and I ran wide, losing a lot more ground again. Slowly but surely I recovered and passed a few riders but the group ahead was too far away, otherwise I could have fought for an even better result. In general, even though the result is not as good as Brno."

FILIPPO PREZIOSI (General Director, Ducati Corse)
"I'm really disappointed for Casey but it is important that we stay together as a team at a moment like this. We leave here knowing that we have a competitive bike, a good team and a truly great rider. I am proud to be able to work with Casey Stoner. In the early stages of the race Marco was held up by De Angelis and lost a lot of ground but it was great to see him at the end of the race setting lap times that would have been good enough for the podium. It is another step forward and we hope that he and Toni Elias - who had another splendid race and I want to congratulate him and his team for that - can consolidate their progress."

Dani Pedrosa, finished 4th, 3rd in World Championship
“That was a definitely a very physically tough race for everyone. It was very hot, much hotter than yesterday. Anyway, I can say I’m quite happy with the result. I didn’t expect to finish fourth at the end. We had some trouble during the second half. We had two different rear tyres to choose from and I only made the choice on the grid. I went for the softer of the two tyres, thinking to gain some advantage during the early stages of the race. Obviously it wasn’t the best option. But we had a much better race than we had at Brno and I did my best, so I am quite happy.”

Nicky Hayden, did not start, 11th in World Championship
“This wasn’t an easy decision. I love to race and the racer in me wanted to race, but in this kind of situation it’s better to listen to the experts. The heel got worse as the weekend went on. I was sixth on Friday morning but I kept working my way backward after that, the more I rode, the more strength I lost in the foot. When I woke up this morning I had a lot of swelling and bruising, there wasn’t any way the foot was going to fit in a boot. The team and I took the decision to try and be smart, to try to let it heal as best it can to get it ready for Indy, which is a huge race for me. I felt I could have salvaged a little something out of today’s race but that was just going to make things worse for Indy and for the rest of the season.”

Kazuhiko Yamano - Team Manager
“Fourth position isn’t so good because we were targeting the podium today, but Dani fought well. It is great to see him come back so strongly after a difficult weekend at Brno. Now we have five races left and we will target victory. We believe Nicky made the correct decision not to ride and we fully support his decision. Nicky is a real racer, so he very much wanted to race here. But it is better for him to be in a better situation for the final five races, rather than to race here and do further damage to the heel.”

Shinya Nakano (12th):
“It was a really difficult race for us today. Despite making a decent start and getting a couple of good laps under my belt, I started to feel a chattering problem in certain corners and couldn’t push hard. By the closing stages of the race my lap times had dropped off by three seconds compared to our pace in practice leading up to this Grand Prix. It is obvious that something isn’t working but we’ll have to analyse the data to find out what it is and work out a solution.”

Alex De Angelis (DNF):
“I’m really disappointed with today’s race because I got a good start and could have had a good race. Unfortunately Melandri came past me down the straight and we touched in the next corner under heavy braking. We both lost a lot of ground on the riders ahead of us and as I pushed hard to try and close the gap I lost the rear of the bike and it threw me into the air. I tried to hang on but I grabbed the front brake and crashed.”

Fausto Gresini - Team Manager:
“I’m disappointed with the way this Grand Prix has finished – both for Alex’s crash and Shinya’s result. Unfortunately these things happen in racing; we wanted to produce a good showing in our home Grand Prix but we weren’t able to. Obviously now we look ahead and try to be positive and optimistic, even if we don’t feel in the best mood for it right now.”

Fabiano Sterlacchini – Alice Team Technical Director
“Everything went well today with Toni. We maintained the race rhythm we expected and we are really satisfied of the work done. Toni has basically been perfect apart some laps where he seemed to have some grip problem but after a little bit he made it to find back the initial rhythm. This way he made it to get some seconds of advantage from Pedrosa in fourth position. This podium is even more important compared to two weeks ago because we are much closer to the fastest riders and it is the confirmation that our group is doing a really good job.”

Toni Elias – Alice Team rider (3rd in the race – 12th in the MotoGP Championship)
“After Laguna Seca things have changed radically. I always had much better feeling with the bike and the results prove it. I hope to continue this way for the rest of the season. I would love to fight for the Podium at each Gran Prix. I know it’s not easy but I will try. I had a lot of fun here today even if this circuit, with all these turns, hard breaking and acceleration is really tiring. At one stage I tried to follow Lorenzo but I made some mistakes and I decided to hold on my position and here is when Pedrosa caught me up. Therefore I decided to calm down a bit and I found back the initial race rhythm. I am really happy for this result also for the all Alice Team.”

Sylvain Guintoli – Alice Team rider (11th in the race – 15th in the MotoGP Championship)
“Today we had many difficulties. I pushed at the maximum but lap times weren’t going down. The race rhythm compared to yesterday wasn’t as good and we still have to understand why. I would like to conquer a good result this season for the Team and all the sponsors that have worked really hard this year. I will do my best in these last five races.”

Anthony West: #13 - 13th Position
"I just didn't have the confidence to push the front all weekend, and I couldn't found a solution to this, which was obviously reflected in our result today. On a positive note we did manage to set the fastest lap time of the weekend in the race, and had we been further up the grid, I am sure we could have been battling for stronger positions. John and I were locked together for most of the race and although I had to push quite hard, I managed to hold him off to the flag. At the post-race test in Brno we tried a revised specification front tyre from Bridgestone, which definitely was an improvement, but we couldn't get it to work comfortably with the bike here, so this is an area we need to concentrate on as I believe this can help us achieve better results."

John Hopkins: #21 – 14th Position
"This weekend has been frustratingly tough for us. Having aggravated the injury to my rib we missed two sessions and basically ran out of time to set the bike up. We got a good start to the race, but I was suffering with quite a lot of discomfort from the injury and I just couldn't push as hard as I wanted to. We're struggling with a few problems with the front-end feeling, but again, that's simply down to a lack of track time. All of the other Bridgestone riders are on a different specification tyre, and this is something we need time to test as I think it will make a big difference for us. I'm having some intense treatment overnight and hopefully we can get plenty of laps under our belt tomorrow to put us in better stead for my home race in Indianapolis."

Michael Bartholemy: Kawasaki Competition Manager
"Today has been difficult for us, and this result is not what we had expected after Brno. Anthony has struggled with a lack of confidence all weekend and, although he set his fastest lap of all of the sessions during the race, it wasn't enough to bridge the gap to the other riders. John lost out on a lot of track time this weekend, so he was always going to be at a disadvantage today. After suffering with so many challenges lately, he is quite down. It's always tough coming back from an injury, but he knows that he needs to put that behind him, get his head down and get on with securing the results we know he's capable of. I hope he can take advantage of tomorrow's test to catch up on the set-up time he's lost through injury, because a successful test will be just the thing to motivate him for the next race in Indianapolis."

Chris Vermeulen:
"I got a good start and, although I got pushed a bit wide in the first turn, I still thought I'd hold on to my position but as I entered turn two the rear tyre was just not warm enough and I had a big slide. I thought it was all over then, but luckily I landed back on the bike and although I smashed the fairing with my leg no harm was done! I didn't quite have the pace that I have had this weekend which was probably due to the higher temperatures, and we certainly slid around a bit more today! This is the first time we have raced with the new chassis and with the new construction front tyre that Bridgestone brought here for us, so with all things considered - and from where I ended the first lap - I think we had a good race. The tyres worked especially well and I did my fastest time on lap 25 out of the 28 – it was just a shame I wasn't with the front group from the beginning or things might have been very different!"

Loris Capirossi:
"It has been quite a hard weekend for me as we have been working a lot on the new chassis and getting it right. I really want to thank my team as they have all worked so hard to get it the best it can be. I think maybe we changed too many things on the bike and lost our way a bit, but at the end the bike seemed to work ok. This morning during warm-up we went back a bit and then on the grid I had to change my front tyre and had to start with a new one that didn't have the right feeling to start with. The tyre soon got better and in the end I didn't go too badly! I made a big fight on the last lap and tried to overtake, but I made a little mistake and couldn't quite hold it, but for my 277th Grand Prix it was not too bad!"

Paul Denning – Team Manager:
"These were not the results we were hoping for today, but it was a fantastic effort by both riders nonetheless. Misano is a very difficult circuit to pass on and for Chris to come from so far back - after a huge high-side on the first lap – and fight his way through to fifth was a great performance. He had the pace to challenge for the podium, but there was no way it was going to happen from that far back! Loris's pace was very similar to Chris's and he too enjoyed some fantastic battles to get through the field. It could easily have been fifth and sixth, but Loris's manoeuvre didn't quite work on the last lap. Seventh isn't where Loris wants to be, but the spirit and determination he showed in the race indicates that he is as enthusiastic in his 277th GP as he was in his first!

"This was the Team's first race with the prototype chassis that we tested in Brno, and we always gather much better data from a full race distance than we do from a test, so we hope the work we have done this weekend is going to put us in good stead for Indianapolis and the final run-in to the end of the season."

Last edited:

Macke

Typiskt....
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda CBR1000RR TKR
Valentino Rossi:
Position: 1 Time: 44'41.884
“Today is a truly fantastic day and I can’t believe that I have matched Agostini’s record! He was one of my heroes so it’s quite incredible to have made it to 68 wins. This was quite a difficult weekend for us from the start and there has been the added pressure of a home race, which makes it harder to concentrate because there is so much distraction! Mugello has always been ‘my’ track, even though it’s further away from Tavullia, but here, after the bad time last year, we haven’t found it so easy. Once again today however my team gave me a very competitive bike and I felt very confident. I got a good start but then Dani came past me very fast and I then lost a lot of time getting past him and had to take some big risks – I had a big slide! Once I was past him I could see Casey, although I have to admit that today I wasn’t as confident as I was in Brno that I could win. Anyway I kept pushing because it’s not in my nature to ride for second place and I think it still could have been a battle; I was very fast once I found my rhythm. Then I saw Casey slide out. I’m sorry for him once again but this is very good for our championship so I am happy for our team. We have 75 points, which is a lot, but there are still five races and I will ride to win at every one, as I always have done throughout my career. Thanks to my fantastic Yamaha team, to Bridgestone and of course congratulations to Jorge as well, he kept pushing me today and I wasn’t able to relax even for one minute! It is a great day for us all.”

Davide Brivio: Team Manager
“What a day! It’s very positive for our championship and to come out with 75 points after three wins in a row is amazing. Once again the team and engineers did an excellent job to fix some problems in time for the race to give Valentino a competitive bike, so well done to them. Despite losing a bit of time at the start Valentino was able to come back and set the fastest lap and keep pushing. Of course the championship isn’t done but our advantage is very big and all the team are concentrated and motivated for the final five races. It’s great to see Jorge back on the podium as well – a great race and a great team!”

Jorge Lorezo
Position: 2 Time: +3.163
“Seeing the party Valentino’s fans were making for him around the track today reminded me how much I want to start winning again, but as a start this second place is fantastic for us! I lost some ground at the early on but then I took my rhythm, passed Dani and started to push, and then I kept pushing until the end. To be one and two on the podium again, like in Le Mans, is wonderful and after four months of problems I am enjoying this moment very much – it’s perfect. Since the Brno test and with the improvements that Michelin have made here my confidence has being going up all the time and my riding style has improved as well, so I want to say thank you to them. I hope the situation is the same at the next races, then we can continue to be strong like this. Thanks to all of my team and congratulations to Valentino and Toni.”

Daniele Romagnoli: Team Manager
“It’s really great to be back on the podium after a long time and we are very happy for Jorge. We never lost confidence that he would come back to this level even though it has been very hard for him at times, but everyone has kept focused and here we are, so well done to all involved. Our Michelin tyres have worked much better here and this has made everything easier to achieve, it seems that the Brno test was a turning point and the improvement in the tyres has helped us to find a new set-up. Now we’re looking forward with confidence to the next races. Congratulations to Valentino and the other side of the garage for a great victory.”

Last edited:

Neutral

Grand Prix Mechanic
Gick med
4 Jul 2004
Hoj
5x
En cool grej är att Randy Mamola ska testa Simoncelli's 250 i dagens tester på Misano, inte som en kul grej utan tydligen som en del i teamets testning.

Läste också att Repsol pressat på om Pedrosas däckbyte vilket gör att de som kallar honom gnällröv kan sluta köpa deras olja i stället. :D Torde väl borga för att Repsol HRC kör båda hojarna på Bridgestone nästa år.

I höstas sade ju Michelin att om inget fabriksteam körde med deras däck så skulle de lägga ner. Jag gissar att även Lorenzo kör Bridgestone nästa år med tanke på att han ändå inte har någon lång erfarenhet av Michelin (Dunlop i 250) och framgångarna för Rossi.

I så fall är det väl ingen fabriksåkare på Michelin kvar och då har vi nog sett det sista av dem.

Don Quixote

Nordic BoTT 2010
Gick med
15 Mar 2003
Hoj
Ducati 1098, BadAss-chopper & ZX636R -02
Det är riktigt skoj att kolla intervjuerna på MotoGP.com (om man har konto). Intervjuen med Edwards var härligt. Han är skön :)

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
Det är riktigt skoj att kolla intervjuerna på MotoGP.com (om man har konto). Intervjuen med Edwards var härligt. Han är skön :)
Fast han slår Humlan i ursäkter alla dagar i veckan. Nu var det däcken som var kass men alla andra som körde Michelin var före i mål, han steamkompis med tio sekunder före och Lorenzo 33 sekunder före. Colin har gjort sitt i GP tycker jag. Men det är kul att läsa intervjuerna.

FireSalle

Kör på tomgång
Gick med
14 Apr 2003
Hoj
FireStorm
I så fall är det väl ingen fabriksåkare på Michelin kvar och då har vi nog sett det sista av dem.
Det vore väl bra i så fall. Michelin ut ur MotoGP för att de inte duger till förarna och de inte själva kan satsa? Mycket hellre så än regler om enhetsdäck.
Synd att Yamaha/Tech3 tryckte ut Dunlop, de var väl ungefär där Bridgestone var för ett par år sedan?

Neutral

Grand Prix Mechanic
Gick med
4 Jul 2004
Hoj
5x
Det vore väl bra i så fall. Michelin ut ur MotoGP för att de inte duger till förarna och de inte själva kan satsa? Mycket hellre så än regler om enhetsdäck.
Synd att Yamaha/Tech3 tryckte ut Dunlop, de var väl ungefär där Bridgestone var för ett par år sedan?

Håller helt med.

Måste (till vissas förtret :D ) dock tillägga att jag tycker det svängde mer fram och tillbaka mellan Michelin och Dunlop på den gamla goda tiden utan att alla blev frånåkta som hade fel märke det året. Gick nog bättre att åka runt problem då än nu.

oFFkeFF

Slipar röven
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
yamaha xt660r
Håller helt med.

Måste (till vissas förtret :D ) dock tillägga att jag tycker det svängde mer fram och tillbaka mellan Michelin och Dunlop på den gamla goda tiden utan att alla blev frånåkta som hade fel märke det året. Gick nog bättre att åka runt problem då än nu.

Nja, däcken höll ju sällan full fart hela race på den gamla tiden, tyckte det var rätt vanligt att man såg någon ligga i toppen i början för att sen droppa bak rejält. Sällan det vart så de senaste åren.
Sen blev man väl bortskämd iom att alla i stort sett åkte michelin under lång tid innan bridgestone gjorde sitt intåg.
Tycker det är rätt konstigt att Michelin gjort ett sånt brutalt tapp de sista åren, trodde faktiskt bara det var reglerna som ställde till det mesta förra året..

Palmas

Ny medlem
Gick med
17 Aug 2003
Hoj
Ingen
Han har lyckats spöa Stoner alla andra säsonger utom förra och den här säsongen är inte avgjord ännu, plus ett par titlar i de mindre klasserna. Så inget driv?
Honda och michelin har inte vart helt lyckade de senaste säsongerna, ändå har han var han en potentiell vm-vinnare sin första säsong.
Jag tror varken Pedrosa eller Lorenzo ger sig för att de haft en motig säsong med skador och pissiga däck i år.
Hmmm, nu jämförde jag inte honom med varken Hayden eller Stoner.
Jag säger inte att Pedrosa är dålig men se när han vinner och när han inte vinner. De segrar han har tagit har varit när han har fått en bra ledning tidigt och sedan kunna kört relativt ostört. När det har varit tight och tufft har han sällan gjort bättre resultat än trea, kanske tvåa någon gång. (Nu kan säkert någon plocka fram en massa statistik) När han inte har en klar ledning så verkar han alltid nöja sig med att bevaka sin position istället för att satsa på att försöka vinna.

Jag sa inget om att spöa Stoner vilket iochförsig inte var så svårt första året dom körde i största klassen eftersom han la sig hela tiden. Utan jag påstod att han inte kommer att vinna VM någon gång. Han kommer alltid att vara bra och lovande men inte att vinna. Hur länge kommer HRC att ha tålamod med att han inte tar hem VM?

Melandri har också vunnit 250 VM utan att vinna MotoGP så det är inget säkert påstående.

Lorenzo kommer att göra det däremot, det tror jag alldeles säkert.

Sen får andra tycka och tro vad de känner, likväl som jag tror detta. Det kan jag respektera.

Neutral

Grand Prix Mechanic
Gick med
4 Jul 2004
Hoj
5x
Hur länge kommer HRC att ha tålamod med att han inte tar hem VM?

Med tanke på att han är den ende Honda-förare som vunnit något de senaste två åren så tror jag nog de behåller honom ett tag till.

Helt otroligt att Honda med alla sina hojar bara har en förare som vunnit ett race på två år! Inte konstigt att de satsar på honom och ger honom vad han vill ha.

#space

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
28 Jun 2005
Hoj
Gsx-r 1000 Racehoj
Nja, däcken höll ju sällan full fart hela race på den gamla tiden, tyckte det var rätt vanligt att man såg någon ligga i toppen i början för att sen droppa bak rejält.

Precis! Ofta så gjorde ex Capirex oss lyckliga ett halvt race för att "vilken gång i ordningen" droppa och vi insåg att Bridgestone svek även den dagen.

Fast nu! Nu e d riktig parodi när "midget robot" mitt under pågående racesäsong kan byta däckmärke och allt verkar vara frid och fröjd. Skulle vilja se någon av d övriga förarna komma med samma krav!!

Fråga : Vem styr i Repsol Honda?

Fråga: Varför fick Valentino byta märke förra året först när säsongen var över?

Nyheter
Nya Honda CB1000 Hornet presenterad

25YM Honda CB1000 Hornet ...

SVT sänder Gotland Grand National 2.0

SVT Sport och Nordic Sport ...

Sista finputsningen med Vargen inför GGN!

I söndags körde jag sista t...

Stark Future ska erövra mc-världen och bildar team med Swecon i enduroklassikern!

Pressrelease, 2024-10-21, S...

Energica i konkurs och upplöst

Energica är i konkurs och b...

Kawasaki Ninja 1100SX uppdateras

Kawasaki har uppdaterat sin...

2025 års Honda CB1000 Hornet

2025 års Honda CB1000 Horne...

GGN-träning med Stark Varg!

Nu gäller den sista finslip...

Brembo köper Öhlins – Vad händer med ISR?

Efter en längre tids förhan...

Honda NT1100 får semi-aktiv fjädring

Honda har uppdaterat NT1100...