MotoGP - Tester inför 2007.

#space

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
28 Jun 2005
Hoj
Gsx-r 1000 Racehoj
Gustav O skrev:
2614286 Man kan konstatera att Ilmor har en hel del att jobba med med tanke på hur långt efter de var 990 medan de andra märkena verkar vara ungefär jämbördiga med sina fjolårshojar.

Storlekens betydelse/resurser i form av allt är avgörande o direkt utslagsgivande. Hoppas man hittar rätt o att Ilmor inte ger upp satsningen..

Gottis skrev:
2614297 ja visst fan det visste jag ju :huvet :huvet
Tänkte väl d :tummenupp

Last edited:

sandstream

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP dominates at Sepang test

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP racers John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen finished the Sepang test at the top of the timesheets for the second day in succession, as the new Suzuki GSV-R800 continued its impressive introduction into MotoGP.

Hopkins recorded a time of 2’01.63 - half a second inside the current lap record held by Loris Capirossi on a Ducati 990 and almost a second quicker than the best lap-time that he recorded at this year’s Malaysian Grand Prix. Hopkins used his 48 laps today to test and refine engine mapping characteristics and to complete thorough evaluations of Bridgestone’s latest tyre developments. The Anglo-American’s quickest lap was set using one of Bridgestone’s new development race tyres during a 5 lap run.

Vermeulen was equally impressive and his time of 2’02.04 was also inside the current lap record, as he too found the new 800 to his liking. He completed 61 laps of the 5.5km Malaysian circuit and was able to post consecutively fast times throughout the day. Vermeulen worked tirelessly with his crew on engine and chassis settings as well as continuing with a thorough tyre test for Bridgestone.

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP will now re-group for the final pre-2007 season test at Jerez in Spain between the 28th and 30th of November, where everybody involved with Rizla Suzuki MotoGP will be hoping to develop further the high potential already shown by the 800cc GSV-R.

John Hopkins:
“It’s been a really good test and I’m happy with the way things have gone. I’ve gotta say I’m really impressed with the 800cc bike! Suzuki has stepped up to the plate and given us a good package right out of the box. We have been able to get straight into testing and work on engine strategies and all sorts of detailed stuff. We did a lot of tyre testing with Bridgestone and at the end of the day I found a tyre that really suited the bike and the track, and was able to set some fast and consistent lap-times. It’s great for the team to have such a good package at this time and moral is higher than it ever has been in my career at Suzuki. We don’t want to get too excited because there were a couple of very fast riders not at this test, but right now we can’t wait for the next test as it seems things are starting to happen!”

Chris Vermeulen:
“I’ve been to Sepang a few times with a 990, but this was the first time on the 800 and I felt quite comfortable out there today. I felt like I could lap consistently at the pace we were doing and Suzuki has certainly made some good steps with the bike coming to this test from Valencia. We tried many different engine and chassis settings, plus a lot of different Bridgestone tyres over the three days to find the best combination for the bike. I enjoyed riding the GSV-R800 a lot and we seemed to be competitive with the other bikes and riders here. Hopefully we can continue the progress at Jerez before our time off.”

Paul Denning – Team Manager:
“Following on from the Valencia test our initial hopes for the new bike were reconfirmed at this three-day test, and the 800cc engine has shown superb promise. Nobu Aoki did a good job for the team on day one and helped us to get a good base engine setting for John and Chris to get down to some serious work. Both the riders put in a huge effort and their testing was all done at a very high rhythm. The information they obtained over the three days will be relevant to both Suzuki and Bridgestone as we work on getting the 800 to its full potential.

“The lap-time of the new GSV-R800 has certainly surprised us! John and I had discussed that to get within two seconds of the 990’s lap-time at Sepang would be a reasonable result, but to be a second quicker is quite shocking! Some of our major competition was not present at this test, but nonetheless this result can only give us great hope as we move forward.

“It is also very encouraging that the Factory has a clear target to develop the bike further and improve both engine and chassis performance. To have such a solid base to work from in November gives us good reason to hope Rizla Suzuki MotoGP will be competitive in 2007.”

Alla tider från sista dagens test på Sepang:

Unofficial Lap Times (800cc Bikes)
John Hopkins (USA) Suzuki, 2’01.64
Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Suzuki, 2’02.04
COLIN EDWARDS (USA) Yamaha, 2’02.43
Nicky Hayden (USA) Honda, 2’03.28
Makoto Tamada (JPN) Yamaha, 2’03.36
Toni Elias (SPA) Honda, 2’03.55
Carlos Checa (SPA) Honda, 2’04.27
Tadayuki Okada (JPN) Honda Test Rider, 2’04.44

Last edited:

Martin

Don't call it a comeback
Gick med
10 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda RS125R
Vi får hoppas att Suzuki får till det bättre i år och kan vara med att fightas längre upp i fälten. Det ser ju i alla fall lovande ut.

sandstream

Martin skrev:
2616387 Vi får hoppas att Suzuki får till det bättre i år och kan vara med att fightas längre upp i fälten. Det ser ju i alla fall lovande ut.
Det ser extremt lovande ut och håller de sig kvar i toppen efter nästa test där även Ducati och Rossi är med blir jag mycket imponerad :)

Axxexs

Ordinary man doing extraordinary things
Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Technical Sports Racing AC28-M Prototype powered by Honda Racing Corporation
Teamen verkar få testa ut nya utväxlingar i växellådorna till banorna. Dom gamla utväxlingarna man hade i 990 kommer förmodligen inte passa.

Toni Elias
"I like the machine the seating position makes it easier to ride than the 990cc. I am very satisfied with the chassis although we didn't work on that too much today apart from trying different rear shock and various suspension settings. We also changed the gearbox overnight because we were to close to the ratios we used on the 990cc machine. In the afternoon I concentrated on testing for Bridgestone and tried many different constructions and compounds. The Bridgestone's are good in the wet and I did 18-laps in the rain and found a front tyre I really liked it gave me a good feeling with the wet track. I am getting more comfortable on the bike, not 100% yet but at the January test I'm sure we will finalise the base set up we need to make the bike perform the way we want it."
(Gresini Racing)

#space

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
28 Jun 2005
Hoj
Gsx-r 1000 Racehoj
The Champion:
We definitely need to find more power and speed to stay in touch with our rivals but I'm confident that Honda and the guys in my team will find that before I test the bike again. The strong point is definitely my team they are so positive, I mean everybody is working so hard.

Bifogat

• 9976ede569809bc7544ab4c93b384c60.jpg
    9976ede569809bc7544ab4c93b384c60.jpg
    41.8 KB · Visningar: 119
Last edited:

Axxexs

Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
125 och 250 har visst vissa testat på Jerez i måndags + tisdags.

125 - Test Jerez, Day 1
01. Gabor Talmacsi - Aprilia - 1.48.015
02. Hector Faubel - Aprilia - 1.48.064
03. Bradley Smith - Honda - 1.48.312
04. Sandro Cortese - Aprilia - 1.49.660
05. Lorenzo Zanetti - Aprilia - 1.50.138

125 - Test Jerez, Day 2
01. Gabor Talmacsi - Aprilia - 1'47.046
02. Tomoyoshi Koyama - KTM - 1'47.5
03. Hector Faubel - Aprilia - 1'48.003
04. Bradley Smith - Honda - 1'48.311
05. Lorenzo Zanetti - Aprilia - 1'48.739
06. Sandro Cortese - Aprilia - 1'48.945
07. Randy Krummenacher - KTM - 1'49.7
08. Andrea Iannone - Aprilia - 1'49.904
09. Stefano Bianco - Aprilia - 1'50.398

250 - Test Jerez, Day 1
01. Hiroshi Aoyama - KTM - 1.43.8
02. Hector Barbera - Aprilia - 1.44.408
03. Mika Kallio - KTM - 1.44.4
04. Alvaro Bautista - Aprilia - 1.45.268
05. Alex De Angelis - Aprilia - 1.45.361
06. Roberto Locatelli - Aprilia - 1.46.027
07. Thomas Luthi - Aprilia - 1.46.409
08. Alvaro Molina - Aprilia - 1.47.022

250 - Test Jerez, Day 2
01. Alex De Angelis - Aprilia - 1'43.3
02. Hiroshi Aoyama - KTM - 1'44.2
03. Alvaro Bautista - Aprilia - 1'44.355
04. Hector Barbera - Aprilia - 1'44.453
05. Roberto Locatelli - Gilera - 1'44.610
06. Mika Kallio - KTM - 1'44.9
07. Thomas Luthi - Aprilia - 1'45.332
08. Alvaro Molina - Aprilia - 1'46.580

Axxexs

Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Lite bilder från Jerez.

Bifogat

• jAOYAMAjerez4.jpg
    jAOYAMAjerez4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Visningar: 45
  • jBARBERA_jerez1.jpg
    jBARBERA_jerez1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Visningar: 72
  • jBAUTISTA_jerez2.jpg
    jBAUTISTA_jerez2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Visningar: 50
  • jDEANGELIS_jerez4.jpg
    jDEANGELIS_jerez4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Visningar: 61
  • jTALMACSI_jerez1.jpg
    jTALMACSI_jerez1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Visningar: 57

Axxexs

Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Gustav O skrev:
´..
Vem är det på Team Toth hojen? Barbera?

Jo det är Barbera på Toth aprilian. Locatelli kör Metis Gilera nästa år.

Axxexs

Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Tider från 3 dagens tester från Jerez.

1. Gabor Talmacsi. Aprilia 1.46.844
2. Héctor Faubel. Aprilia 1.47.080
3. Bradley Smith. Honda 1.47.724
4. T. Koyama. KTM 1.47.9
5. Sandro Cortese. Aprilia 1.48.224
6. Randy Krummenacher. KTM 1.48.2

1. Hiroshi Aoyama. KTM 1.42.8
2. Mika Kallio KTM. 1.43.9
3. Roberto Locatelli. Gilera 1.44.226
4. Héctor Barberá. Aprilia 1.44.370
5. Alvaro Bautista. Aprilia 1.44.391
6. Alex de Angelis. Aprilia 1.44.4
7. Alex Debón. Aprilia 1.44.4
8. Thomas Luthi. Aprilia 1.44.548
9. Alvaro Molina. Aprilia 1.46.178

Last edited:

obruT

stolt stoltare (nu dubbelt så stoltast)
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Rd 500 -84 RD 500 -85 projekt TZR 250 -87 för vintern och en R1:a för bana som är till salu
ska
ut och köra i vm en helt år nu??

oFFkeFF

Slipar röven
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
yamaha xt660r
obruT skrev:
2625229 ska
ut och köra i vm en helt år nu??

Förmodligen inte, men han brukar vara med och köra testerna eftersom han bor runt hörnet.

Axxexs

Gick med
11 Dec 2003
Hoj
Melandri och Nakano kommer göra sina debuter på 800 nästa veckas test på Jerez. Eftersom Honda inte har tillräkligt många färdiga hojar kommer Nakano få köra på den som Checa körde på sist. Såg även att Dovizioso kommer vara där och testa med sin 250cc på det testet.

Aoyamas tid i går på Jerez var 1,6 sek under gällande banrekord för 250cc.

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
madmagnus skrev:
2625333 detta är tråden för 800 cc tester, vänligen skapa en egen tråd för mopedklasserna :tummenupp
Jag ändrade titeln på tråden så att alla klasser kaan vara med, det blir för många olika trådar som handlar om samma sak annars.
Ja, MotoGP är även samlingsnamnet för GP-VM så moppeklasserna är inkluderade. :)

sandstream

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP relishing final test

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP travels back to Europe for its final test of 2006, determined to continue with the promising start shown by the new Suzuki GSV-R800 at recent tests.

The new 800cc has already produced promising performances at Valencia and Sepang, with John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen filling the top-two places at the Malaysian test just over a week ago. Suzuki has worked on the information gathered at those tests and will be bringing new engine control strategies and mapping information – developed on the dyno in Japan – to the test at Jerez in Spain on the 28th-29th-30th November.

Nobuatsu Aoki will be joining Hopkins and Vermeulen at Jerez, in what looks like being a completely different type of test due to the colder air temperatures that will give less grip on the 4.4km circuit. The conditions will enable the riders and the factory to see how the bike performs in different circumstances and will assist Bridgestone in evaluating its new generation of tyres at lower track temperatures.

The Jerez test will be the final time that Rizla Suzuki MotoGP is in action this year as the winter test ban comes into force on December the first. The testing veto will not mean a break for the team though, because it will be working hard in the factory to make sure that the GSV-R800 is as competitive it can be for when Rizla Suzuki MotoGP begins its assault on the 2007 MotoGP World Championship, starting with the first round at Qatar in March.

John Hopkins:
“I didn’t really want the last test at Sepang to end as we were making great progress with the bike. I hope that we can continue to do that at Jerez and we will also get the chance to see where we stand against other teams, as most of our competitors will be present. Suzuki has so far lived up to its promise of giving us a bike that will be on the pace for next year and this test will see how far we still have to go!”

Chris Vermeulen:
“This test should be interesting because we are expecting the temperatures to be a lot lower than the recent tests. It will give us an opportunity to see how the 800 and the Bridgestones perform in these sort of conditions. The Factory has worked on the info that John and I gave them from Sepang and Valencia so hopefully we will have some new things to help us move forward in readiness for next season. We really need to have a good test at Jerez so we can look forward to 2007 with continued optimism.”

Nyheter
Bike kör Stark Varg på GGN 2.0!

I veckan blev det klart att...

Transportstyrelsen siktar på höjda avgifter

Transportstyrelsen har medd...

Insektsfaunan hårt drabbad efter nedläggningen av Järva MK:s motorbana

Efter nedläggningen av Järv...

Ny R1 Race och R1 GYTR

Pressrelease från Yamaha ...

Paul Edmondson ny chef för Triumph Racing Enduro Team

Motorsportlegenden och fler...

Miguel Oliveira klar för Yamaha

Miguel Oliveira och Lin Jar...

Suzuki utvecklar döda-vinkeln-kamerasystem

En ny patentansökan har avs...

BMW köper Suzuki-data – nästa steg MotoGP?

Sedan en tid har olika rykt...

HRC och Repsol avslutar samarbete

Efter 30 års samarbete på d...

MV Agusta utvecklar ny trecylindrig motor

MV Agusta har officiellt be...